Thursday, December 17, 2009

Changes

It's amazing how life changes, and so quickly.

About a year ago, I was looking at life in Texas and being far away from friends. But things change, and we are not in Texas. It's a little bit of a relief, I think. I'm done with school (Master's Diploma is now hanging on our wall along with a Graduate Certificate in TESOL) and I don't know what to do with my time...

But the biggest change of all? February or March, when our first baby will be born. And that's one of the most life-altering changes I can think of.

For now, I'm trying to enjoy every moment I have with my husband. He is my best friend, and I feel so lost and empty without him. I suppose that's what makes me so clingy to him, but he's a part of me--indeed, my heart. I think a baby will only bring us closer together, although I know I will miss all the "alone" time we've had for the past 4 years.

4 years. We are celebrating our 4th Anniversary this month. And with each passing day, I know more and more that I couldn't have picked a more perfect man for me.

All the change that has happened, all the change that will come... I'm so grateful I get to experience it with him, my Eternal Companion.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And hold tight to the ones you love!

2 comments:

DriveByScreamer said...

I totally know what you mean about the feeling lost and empty without your husband! It's awesome and amazing to have a connection like that. Congrats on 4 years! Ours was in August!

Kristina said...

I am so super excited that you are having a baby!! I can't wait to see him! Amazing how our lives turned out...who would have thought that as little girls playing in nursery and you stealing my toy, that we would be mothers today?! I am so grateful to have you as one of my best friends. Hope to see you soon!